Emergency Eye Care & Eye Doctors in Long Island
Note: Call at 516-931-6330 now if this is an emergency in Plainview, Long Island.
Emergency Eye Doctors in Long Island
This was a very interesting week for emergency visits to Optix. I don’t think I can remember any time in my soon-to-be 30 years in practice that I have seen so many emergencies in one week.
- Red eyes (conjunctivitis and broken blood vessels)
- Dry eyes (38 year old mother)
- Painful eyes
- Severe headaches
- Torn contact lens stuck under the lid
- Sudden floating spots and flashes of light
- Foreign bodies in the cornea (a tree trimmer)
- Foreign bodies under the lids (an air conditioner repairman)
- Swollen eyelids
- Eye contusions from a fall into a chair (an elderly lady)
- Sudden vision changes from uncontrolled diabetes (a 40 year old man)
As one can see, emergencies can come in many forms. Fortunately, as an optometrist, my training affords me the ability to diagnose, and in most cases treat many of these emergencies. So if the unfortunate circumstance arises that you, a friend or family member needs emergency eyecare, Call my office at 516-931-6330 and we will see you immediately!
Dr. Joel Kestenbaum
Optix Family Eyecare Center